Disabling Pop-Up Blockers for Blackboard
This guide will walk you through the process of disabling pop-up blockers found in three popular web browsers. Course documents, web links, and tests may be opened within new windows in Blackboard, which pop-up blockers can interfere with. Adding an exception to the pop-up blocker will allow for functionality in Blackboard while still blocking pop-ups on other websites.
1. Click Tools at the top of the browser window. Clicking Pop-Up Blocker on the drop-menu will expand the menu. Select Pop-Up Blocker Settings on the expanded menu.
2. Type in the Blackboard address (bb.umflint.ed) in the "Address of website to allow" field, then click the Add button. Click the Close button to exit the Pop-up Blocker settings window.
1. Click Tools at the top of the browser window, then choose Options on the drop-menu.
2. Selec the Content tab on the Options menu. Block pop-up windows should be selected by default. Click the Exceptions button to the right to add a Blackboard exception.
3. Type in the Blackboard web address (bb.umflint.edu). Click the Allow button to add the address to the Allowed Sites collection. Pop-ups will now be allowed within Blackboard. Click the close button to exit the Allowed Sites window.
For Mac users, follow the directions below:
1. Select the Firefox menu at the top of the screen. Click Preferences on the drop-menu.
2. Select the Content tab, then click the Exceptions button.
3. Type in the Blackboard web address (bb.umflint.edu). Click the Allow button to add the address to the Allowed Sites collection.