Using the Address Book
This guide will walk you through the process of using the Address Book within Blackboard.
To access the Address Book, first log into Blackboard. The Tools module will be listed on the left side of your Blackboard homepage. Under the Tools heading, click the Address Book link.
Creating a Contact
1. To add a contact to your Address Book, click the Create Contact button.
2. First and last name information is required. Contact information, such as address, phone number, and email are recommended.
3. Click Submit to finish contact creation.
Searching for Contacts
1. Contacts are searchable by last name or email address. Select the desired criteria.
2. If you know the exact name or email address, set the filter drop-box to "equal to." This search will display on contacts with the exact last name or email entered. If you only have a partial name or email address, select "contains" or "starts with" to perform a broader search. Once all criteria have been set, click the Go button to begin the search.