E-mails can be sent to instructors, fellow students or group members within Blackboard. Sent e-mails are not retained by the Blackboard System
and course participants cannot email individuals that are not enrolled
in the course using the Send Email function.
To send an e-mail from within a Blackboard course:
- Login to your course.
- In the Control Panel, click Course Tools > Send Email.
- Choose the recipients of your e-mail.
- Enter the title of the e-mail in the Subject text box and your message in the Message text box.
- If you would like to add an attachment, click on the Attach a file link
and browse for your file.
- Click on the Submit button to send your e-mail. A copy of your message will automatically be sent to you, the sender.
Users can also access the Send Email feature for all of their courses and organizations through the Tools box on the My UMFlint tab.