Announcements post timely information critical to the success of an online course. You can add, edit, and delete announcements from the Announcements page. This is an ideal place to post time sensitive materials including:
- When assignments are due.
- Changes in the syllabus.
- Corrections/clarifications of materials.
- Exam schedules.
When adding an announcement, you can also send your announcement as an email
to all students in your course. This ensures that students receive your notes even if they do not login to your course.
To add an announcement in your Blackboard
- Login to your course.
- Make sure Edit mode is ON.
- Click on the Create Announcement button; or
Under Course Management, go to Control Panel > Course Tools > Announcements > Create Announcement.
- Fill out the Create Announcement page.
Under Announcement Information
- Enter the announcement subject.
- Choose a color for your subject title
- And your message.
- Choose whether you want to display
the announcement permanently or select the Display After and Display
Until checkboxes and enter the appropriate dates and times to display
- By default, Blackboard will email a copy of your
announcement to each student in your course. However, students have the
ability to individually opt out of receiving announcement notifications
or emails. For important notifications, you might want to override the
student's setting or send out a follow-up email to the entire class using the Blackboard email tool.
Under Course Link
- You can choose if you want to create a
Course Link that points your students to a particular area or file within
- Click Browse...
- Choose the folder or item to which you would
like to link from the Course Map displayed in a new window
- Finally, click Submit.
To modify an announcement in your course shell:
- Locate your announcement and make sure you
are in edit mode.
- Click the action button, the button with the two
downwards facing chevrons
to the right of your announcement.
- Click either Edit or Delete.
To change the order of your announcements:
- Click the up and down arrows to the left of your
- Drag the announcement to its new position.