Creating a new Thread in a Forum
Threads are the next lower level of hierarchy in a discussion
board below the forum. A forum can have multiple threads. Threads
grow as users reply to the initial, and subsequent, posts.
To add a thread:
- Login to your course.
- Click on Discussion Board in the course menu.
- Click on the name of the forum to which you would like to add a
- Click on the Create Thread button.
- Complete the Create Thread page.
- Enter a subject and your message.
- You can attach a file to your post by clicking the Attach a file link, then clicking
on one of the available Browse buttons depending on the location of
your file - files can be located on your local drive or in your
Blackboard Content Collection folder. - Only one file can be added using the Attachments
option below the text box.
- When using the Attach File button in the Visual Text Box
Editor, multiple files may be added.
- When your message is completed, click Save Draft to store a
draft of the post or click Submit to create the thread.
Modifying and Publishing a Saved Draft
Drafts are considered unpublished and are invisible to other users in
- Enter the forum in which the draft was saved.
- Click on the thread title to view your draft.
- Click on Edit.
- Once any necessary revisions are completed, hit the Submit button to publish the thread, making it visible for other users.