Managing the Course Menu
The Course Menu appears on the left side of a course and contains links to materials and tools within the course.
Instructors can customize the appearance of the Course Menu and the content and tools available to users.
Adding a Content Area
At the head of the Course Menu are several action buttons. The Add Item button () is used to add new content areas and tool links.
1. Click the Add Item button.
2. Select Content Area from the drop-menu.
3. Provide a name for the content area, which will be displayed on the button within the Course Menu. Select "Available to Users" to ensure that the area is visible to students. Click Submit to finalize creation.
4. To rename, hide, or delete the content area, click the Options button and select the appropriate action.
Adding a Tool Link
1. To add a tool link, such as a link to the Blog area, click the Add Item button.
2. Select Create Tool Link from the drop-menu.
3. Provide a name of the link, such as Blogs. Next, select the appropriate tool type. Select "Available to Users" to ensure that the link is visible to students. Click Submit to finalize creation.
Ordering the Course Menu
1. Buttons on the course menu can be reordered by drag-and-drop placement. To the left of each menu button is an up-down arrow. Placing your mouse over one of the bi-directional arrows changes your cursor to a four-pointed cursor.
2. Click and hold the arrows to drag the menu button up or down in order.
3. Release the left click to drop the item into place.