A test must be deployed and made available before students can enter the assessment.
1. To deploy a test, first enter the content area in which you would like to create the link.
2. Click the Evaluate button within the content area, then choose Create Test from the drop-menu.
3. Select the test from the Add Test menu, then click Submit.
4. The Test Options page is used to set availability and presentation options.
- Make the link available: By default, this option is set to "No," which will prevent the students from seeing the test. Click Yes to make the test available. Display rules can be used to limit visibility to specific dates and times, if needed.
- Multiple Attempts: One attempt is allowed by default. An attempt will need to be cleared to allow a student back into the test, destroying previous results. Instructors can also allow unlimited attempts, or set a maximum number manually. The score of the last attempt will be calculated, but all attempts will be saved and recorded within the Grade Center.
- Force Completion: When checked, the test must be completed once launched. Students cannot save their attempt and come back to the test later.
Note: It is recommended to leave the Force Completion box unchecked if a timer is used. Should an issue occur during the test, such as a crashed web browser or power failure, the student can re-enter the test at the point of the last save and the attempt can be continued. Because the test timer continues to progress until the test is submitted, the timer will continue to monitor the length of the attempt, even if the student's browser is closed.
- Set Timer: The box must be checked to utilize the test timer. Should a student go over the time limit, the student will be allowed to complete the attempt. However, the time stamp will show the full length of the student's attempt, along with a visual notifier, an exclamation point, in the Grade Center.
- Display Rules: Use the Display After and Display Until options to limit the window of availability for the test. The boxes must be checked for these options to be enforced.
5. Under the Self-assessment Options, the test score is included in Grade Center calculations by default. This box can be unchecked for practice and optional quizzes which will not count toward the final grade.
Note: Do not check the box to "Hide Results for this Test Completely from Instructor and the Grade Center." This essentially turns the test into an anonymous survey. Individual answers and grades cannot be recovered.
6. Test feedback is limited to displaying the Score by default. This is the feedback that students are allowed to see upon completing the test and when reviewing their grade in the My Grades section. Feedback displayed can be modified at anytime, allowing instructors to display correct answers and feedback only after all students have attempted the test.
7. Tests are set to display all questions at once by default. Instructors can choose to display questions one-at-a-time, and also to prohibit backtracking. The question order can be randomized, regardless of presentation choice.
8. Once all options are set, click Submit to finalize test deployment.
9. Changes to the test options can be made by clicking on the options button for the test link, then choosing Edit the Test Options on the drop-menu.