Adding a Course Link
Course links enable you to link one part of your
course to another providing clarity for students as to which area to go
to next without having to search for it directly.
For example, you may create a discussion board forum
where students discuss the class readings. A link to this forum on the
discussion board may be placed in the content area of your course where
the articles are posted.
Creating a Course Link
- Login to your course.
- Choose the content area where your link should be
- Make sure the Edit Mode is ON.
- Select Build > Create Course Link.
- Complete the page.
Under Course Link Information
- Enter a Name for the course link.
- Select the color of the link.
- Use the Text box to add a description of the link.
Under Course Link
- Click Browse to open the Course Menu in a separate window.
- Select the item on the Course Menu that you want to
link to. The course area chosen will be listed in the
- Use the Display After and Display Until
checkboxes and the date fields to choose date and time
restrictions for the item.
- Click on Submit. Your added link will look something like this: