Creating Course Folders
Folders are useful for organizing and structuring content in a
Blackboard course. Once a folder is created, content such as
assignments, external links or tests and additional sub-folders may be added to it.
To add folders to a content area:
- Login to your course.
- Open a content area by clicking on it in the course menu.
- Make sure the Edit Mode is ON.
- Hover over the Build menu and click Create Folder.
- Enter Folder Information and Folder Options.
Under Folder Information
- Enter a a descriptive name for the folder.
The name is the linked text that appears in the content area.
- Choose a color for the text of the folder name. Be sure to select a color that will provide enough contrast with the background of the
content area so users can easily read the text.
- Enter a description of the folder, or any instructions for using the
folder in the Text box.
- To restrict users from seeing the folder,
select No next to Permit Users
to View the Content Item. This will make the folder
unavailable, but will not affect the availability of items in
the folder if they can be accessed another way, such as through
the Content System or on a Course Tool page.
- Click Yes next to Track Number of Views to record the number of times the folder is viewed, when it is viewed, and by whom.
- Choose date and time restrictions to control the appearance
of the folder. Display restrictions do not affect availability
of items in the folder.
- Click Submit to add the folder to your course.