1. Click the Course Tools button on the Control panel, then choose Tests, Surveys, and Pools from the expanded menu.
2. Select Surveys on the Tests, Surveys, and Pools page.
3. Click the Build Survey button.
4. On the Survey Information page, assign the survey a name, then provide a description and instructions, as needed. The description and instructions can be added or modified later. Click Submit to proceed.
5. Click the Creation Settings button to set default options for all questions to be added to the survey, such as randomization and the ability to add images, files, and links to questions and answer choices.
Click Submit to return to the Survey Canvas page.
6. Click the Create Question button to begin adding questions to the survey. Select the question type from the drop-menu.
7. Provide the information required for the question type you are adding. When finished, click the Submit button to return to the test canvas. Repeat the Create Question process to continue adding questions to the survey.
8. To edit or remove a question from the survey, click the options button and choose the appropriate action from the drop-menu.
9. Once all questions have been added, click the OK button at the bottom of the screen to return to the Surveys page. Your survey will now be listed.
1. A created survey must be deployed before students have access. To deploy, click into the content area to which you would like to add the survey link.
2. Within the content area, click the Evaluate button, then choose Create Survey from the drop-menu.
3. Select the survey from the Add Survey list, then click the Submit button.
4. Set survey availability, as desired. The link must be made available before students can access the survey. Availability can be limited by checking the "Display After" and "Display Until" boxes and setting specific date and time limits.
5. Set the feedback students will be able to see following survey completion. Students can see Complete/Incomplete status, Submitted Answers, or both. They will not be allowed to see a summary of overall survey results.
6. Establish the presentation mode and randomization options.
7. Once all options are set, click the Submit button to deploy the Survey. It will now be listed within the Content Area.